Progress of the Collaboration
The Start of a Century of Work
The Collaboration is working toward a set of integrated, longitudinal studies at various sites around the globe. The map below indicates the locations of current members of the Collaboration.
A Brief Timeline of Collaborative Work
Since the Dartmouth Institute and Conference in August 2016, the Collaboration has made slow but steady progress in coming together. Below is a timeline of events, from Bazerman's plenary talk to today. We are aiming for a Summer 2018 conference focused on lifespan writing research.
- August, 2016 - Charles Bazerman's closing plenary at the Dartmouth Institute and Conference: "The Puzzle of Conducting Research on Lifespan Development of Writing Abilities"
- August, 2016 - Initial call for participants to the "Writing through the Lifespan" Collaborative
- November, 2016 - End of initial call for participants
- December, 2016 - Meeting of co-chairs for Collaboration in Santa Barbara, California
- December, 2016 - Emails of invitations to Collaboration sent
- January, 2017 - Schedules and agendas for March meetings planned
- March, 2017 - First round of virtual meetings with lifespan participants
- March, 2017 - Saturday Lifespan Brunch at CCCC in Portland, Oregon
- May/June, 2017 - Blog posts in response to the Lifespan Writing Development Group's principles statement in RTE
- September, 2017 - Planning for October meetings based on blog posts
- October, 2017 - Second round of virtual meetings with lifespan participants
- November, 2017 - Planning Conference CFP based on second round of meetings
- December, 2017 - CFP for Lifespan Conference sent out